Template:Node Graph Conventions
Scripts should be readable: laid out in a rational and consistent manner. This is to enable their easy reading by you and anyone else who might review your script (e.g. me). I propose the following general style guidelines for the Node graph:
- Masks feed in from the right, Merges feed in from the left.
- Favour vertical and horizontal connections over diagonal ones. Dots can be used to make this happen.
- Backdrops should be color coded according to their content (e.g. CG generated elements, live action footage, Trackers etc).
- Label everything (using Dots, StickyNotes, BackDrops etc)
- Follow the backdrop coloring conventions.
- Do not rename the function element of a node. e.g. do not rename Multiply1 to 'shadow_make'. This can make a script difficult to read.